OSCAR EMR Features
OSCAR supports all the necessary functions to run a medical practice/clinic large or small:
Patient registration for capitation or fee-for-service practices and roster management
- Scheduling with highly customizable view of provider groups and individualized booking preference
Billing also features super-code for smart and simplified billing and third party billing
Complete electronic charting of all encounters with an up to date Cumulative Patient Profile (CPP) which provides a 'snapshot view' of important demographics, all active medical problems, medications, allergies, significant past history, family history and social history
Prescription with drug-drug interaction and renal dosage adjustment decision support, personal favourites, patient's pharmacy, drug allergy alerts
- Real time communication with MyDrugRef, a social network of trusted colleagues whose postings related to the drugs your patient is taking can be displayed just when you are prescribing these drugs
- Chronic disease management which maximizes revenue generation through monitoring and alerting of preventative screening and best practice interventions
A sophisticated antenatal care record with antenatal care planner
Disease Registry is provided to support population health analysis
- Tabulation of outstanding preventative and intervention practices
All electronic laboratory results from private and govt laboratories will be imported directly into the EMR
Diagnostic imaging results and consultation notes can be scanned into the EMR where required
- Highly customizable automated electronic forms (eForms) can be created for your clinic, by your own clinic staff
- The Tickler system - a reminder and recall system that can assign tasks to team members and set priority for each task
- A very easy to use referral system with patient's important information transferred to the referral letter automatically
- Secure messaging system for communication within the clinic
- Secure messaging with patients, transfer of patients' record to patients' Personal Health Record system called MyOSCAR
- Clinical information resource can be accessed at the point of care
- Research tools
- New features in the latest OSCAR 12 release (April 2012) are documented here.
Click the yellow "DEMO" button to the right to have a closer look at OSCAR EMR in action.
Read more about OSCAR.